The overall objective of PLOTINA is to enable the development, implementation and assessment of self-tailored Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) with innovative and sustainable strategies for the Research Performing Organizations (RPOs) involved. This objective will be achieved by:
- Stimulating a gender-aware culture change;
- Promoting career-development of both female and male researchers to prevent the waste of talent, particularly for women;
- Ensuring diversification of views and methodologies (in this case by taking into account the gender/sex dimension and analysis) in research and teaching.
PLOTINA is a partnership of RPOs, Professional Associations and Partners with specific expertise in monitoring the progress of the project and in the dissemination. The consortium represents the diversity of European RPOs as well as the diversity of European social and cultural environments.
The workplan will proceed in four overall stages:
- Assess the current situation in all Partner RPOs;
- Design GEPs for each RPO;
- Design, implement and evaluate Actions in the Partner RPOs to address the targets of the GEPs;
- Create a platform of resources that can be used by RPOs across Europe to implement their own GEPs suited to their own situations.
The GEPs Actions will support systemic and sustainable changes at the institutional and departmental of the PLOTINA’s RPOs. The end results will be a set of modular and adaptable resources for other RPOs at the starting stage in the setting up of GEPs, in particular: Tools, GEPs Library of Actions, research and teaching Case Studies and Good Practices. Strongly aligned with the European Research Area (ERA) objectives on gender equality, PLOTINA will contribute to increasing the number of female researchers, promote their careers and integrate of the gender dimension into the design, evaluation and implementation of research, to enhance its quality and relevance and to foster excellence and the social value of innovations.